Friday, August 28, 2009

Thank God it is Friday!!! :)

Why is it that a person can feel so tired and exhausted through the work week, and then wake up on Friday morning and feel like you can take on the world? Last night I felt as though I were going to go mentally insane from all the work I will be doing, but I woke up this morning and felt very refreshed and much calmer about how my life will be for the next fifteen weeks of my life. I think it has a lot to do with all the prayers I said to God last night about how worried I was.
I also think that it is a mental thing and something triggers in a person's mind when Friday comes around. I think that something kicks in to gear and gives me the energy to get through Friday because I know that the end of the work week is closer with every second that goes by and I am closer to the freedom of a week-end.
It's like running a marathon. You are finally getting to the point where you do not think you can take another step. You are physically and mentally exhausted from pushing yourself for so long. You just want to drop and stay where you are without caring how long you lay there..... and finally the moment you want to quit, you finally see the first sign of the end getting nearer and the finish line getting closer and closer every time you touch your feet to the ground. All of a sudden somewhere inside of you, you gain the energy needed to push yourself with every step you take because you know that if you quit now you would surely be upset for selling yourself short so close to the ending.
That's how I feel a Friday is for me.

No comments: