Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Boy am I lucky....

Last night I was reading a blog post from a friend's blog which you can go to and read if you click here. At first while reading it I was somewhat divided on what he was trying to say, as you can tell if you read the comment I left him. As I was typing out that comment though something slapped me in the face pretty much....

You see as I mentioned in that comment I happen to have always considered myself a pretty forgiving person. There has been one person in particular I have had a hard time dealing with. He will come around every so often and tell me he's sorry for treating me as a crappy friend and he asks me to forgive him, and it has gotten to the point where I tell him I'll forgive him, but he's got to prove that he is really ready to change... As I was typing my comment my point of view kind of switched. At first I was trying to say that I think that forgiving people should be warranted... if a person really means they are sorry they'll change and try to prove they are sorry....
I realized though, that I am just like the friend I was complaining about. Every time I go to confession I tell God I am sorry for screwing up. There are always those certain sins that I tend to fall back into so easily and I end up bringing them back to confession over and over again. I realized that if God were judging me the way I judge my friend, then I would be pretty screwed.... I am so grateful that I can go to confession to a person that is totally understanding and ready to be my friend even though He knows that being human I will probably fall and mess up that relationship again, and yet He doesn't worry about that... He is just happy that I have come to Him in the first place.
I also realized that if I am really trying to follow God then I have to try and follow His lead, which means I need to be as forgiving to my friend as He is to me. Just a random reflection I had right there....

No comments: