Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Top 10 things I am grateful for

Seeing as how tomorrow I will be busy with Thanksgiving preparations and Dinner at my Aunt's house I do not know if I will get the chance to really blog tomorrow so I have decided to write this particular one out tonight. Now, obviously I believe that Thanksgiving shouldn't be the only time I remember to say thanks to God for the good things in my life, but I figured I would do this in honor of the holiday and all....

Top 10 Things I Am Grateful For This Past Year....

1.) My faith! I will always be grateful for that. I can't choose one particular thing about it over another that I love the most except for the sacraments. Where would I be without them? I am eternally grateful for the whole shebang....:)

2.)My family. I am very grateful that God chose this family for me to be a part of. Sure they may drive me crazy sometimes, and they may just be a little too crazy for me at times, but they are my family and I love them all dearly! They have given me the foundation of my faith and what a great foundation they laid out for me. Ya'll rock!!!

3.) My friends. I have the best friends a girl could ask for. I wake up everyday and thank God for these special people He has sent into my life. They have helped shape and mold me into the person I am today. I have learned something from each and every one of them, and I hope that I have helped touch their lives as much as they have for me. I love them so much!

4) I am grateful I was born in the country I am... now it is not always the best as far as politics go, but considering some of the other places in the world I am very lucky to be born an American. I have the freedom to go to church whenever I want. I have the freedom as a female to not be considered another man's property.... Not everybody can say those things so I don't want to take being an American for granted.

5.) I am thankful for having a job this year. My job has got to be the most fun job ever! I love it dearly, and am just grateful that I have it for right now. I don't know about the next few years, so I am not going to take it for granted because it could be gone...

6.) I am thankful for my education. Not everyone is able to receive a college degree... so I am grateful that I have the means to achieve that goal. :)

7.) I am grateful for being healthy. Health is something I tend to take for granted until I get sick, but luckily I am not sick for long. Just having the swine flu for almost a week made me very grateful for being healthy again.

8.) I am thankful for shelter/clothing/food/clean water... all those basic needs that help keep me alive and healthy. Again it is something I tend to take for granted.....

9.) I am grateful for good memories I have gotten to make over the past year... There are way to many to even begin to type here.

10.) I am grateful for my newest little member of my family who I haven't even been able to meet yet, but I can't wait until I do in January... I am very grateful for my older sister being ok since she has had a more difficult pregnancy this time around. Hopefully she will stay ok and not have a complicated delivery.

No comments: