Thursday, November 19, 2009

Guys vs. Girls

I have come to the realization that I get along much better with guys then girls... Not that I don't get along with girls, but I deal better with guys... Girls and boys deal with confrontations in very different ways.

Girls, in general, tend to be way more emotional and overreact way more then they should in some situations. They tend to act nice to a person's face, and then talk about them behind their back as soon as the person walks away. If they have a problem with someone they hardly ever will tell it to your face. It's so aggravating to think about. I am not at all in that category. If I have a problem with someone, I will tell it to their face. It may take me a little bit to do it, but I will let you know if there is something that is bothering me so that it can be fixed. It makes more sense to me. If someone has a problem with me I prefer it if they tell me so that I know what I need to do to change whatever it is.

Guys, in general, tell it like it is. If they have a problem or if they don't like something, they'll tell someone and get it over with. End of story. They don't worry about it after it's been discussed. They move on from whatever the problem is very quickly. I think that's why I get along better with them. That and I think it also has to do with the fact that I had a whole lot more guy friends growing up then girl friends... The majority of the kids around my age in my homeschool group growing up were boys. The kids I hung out with on my street were mostly boys. It's a huge part of why I am still kind of a "tom-boy" I suppose you could say. I grew up dealing with things in a "guy" mentallity, and that's probably why girls frustrate me so much.

I think that the reason I am now writing this blog post up is that after my retreat I have been feeling almost unstoppable. At work though I can slowly feel myself falling back into the "oh let's complain about our boss" routine. Yes, my boss is frustrating to work with, but the whole venting thing about him has now gotten a little old. It has gotten so bad with my boss that I hardly ever speak to him. He and I have had a few conversations about why I am a little frustrated with him, so it's not as though he doesn't know how I am feeling about things. It's just that I wish more people I worked with told him how they felt about certain things he's done. If they did maybe something would change. Venting and complaining to one another won't fix anything. It will just cause people to be more frustrated and annoyed. That's just my take on it...

I feel much more relaxed now after typing this up... now I am going to go eat some dinner.

No comments: