Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I've been up to....

I have been very bad with blogging these past few weeks, but I have a very busy schedule so I work it in where I can....
Other then my lovely retreat dilemma that I mentioned below, my life has been somewhat boring the past few days. Not totally boring I should say, but nothing much out of the ordinary. Saturday I went tailgating. Now I have never gone tailgating before, but in my mind I had this vision of drinking and being around drunk people... however the group I tailgated with did not drink at all. The majority of them were under 21 and were not interested in drinking... Instead we played apples to apples... which is not something I would have considered a "tailgating" kind of game, but what do I know.... It was a gorgeous day for it though!
I helped out with Confirmation class on Sunday and the topic was on how to defend the faith. It was a good class for the kids. They had a few good questions, but for the most part I have some really great kids who know their faith pretty well for their age. I am proud of my small group! :)
Yesterday I went to work and then my Psychology class... I just didn't have time to come home and type out another blog entry.
Today was a fun day at work. We had our Thanksgiving Day feast for all the families to attend. My kids sang two songs for the parents and the older class did a poem. They were all so cute! I loved it! It is always fun to see the kids faces after they do something in front of a large audience... they can't stop smiling. :)
Speaking of work... one of the kid's were really cute today. His name is Andras. Andras' primary language happens to be Hungarian so he has had a harder time speaking in English. He has been in my class for about a year now and has finally been able to say my name. He calls me "Aresa." It's just too cute how he says it. Anyway, this morning he was playing with my hair, and then he looked me in the eyes and said, "There... I like that Aresa. Pretty." It was cute. It made my day. :)

So that's been my life in the past few days. I am so happy for Thanksgiving break because I will have a little bit more time to write on here then I have had.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

OH! How you are loved!