Friday, November 20, 2009

Kids Help Keep You Young At Heart

Tonight was a fun night for me, other then studying for a test I have to take tomorrow.....
This week-end happens to be another very big "party" week-end here in my hometown. The huge college rival football game is tomorrow; I.U. vs. Purdue, and it happens to be held here at home this year. While a lot of my friends were getting an early start on being drunk, I on the other hand decided to help out at a "Parent's Night Out" event held by a local group to help support the Crisis Pregnancy Center. There were a few other college kids who also opted to help out with this event and it turned out to be a lot of fun. I was able to hang out with some of the kids that are no longer at the daycare I work at anymore and even played a little Sorry with a few of the other college students. We were all having fun acting like little kids. There was even a huge "dance" party, where we all did do the Chicken Dance. I haven't danced the chicken dance in so long. It was simple kid fun tonight, and the best part about it is I will not have a hang-over tomorrow.
There is something about spending time with kids. Their enthusiasm for the simplest things just rubs off to those around them. That is why I love being around kids so much. They help keep me young at heart. I don't think I'd be as excited about some things as I am if I didn't hang around them as much as I do. I wouldn't have traded tonight for anything. Some people may think I am crazy for that statement, but it's true.
I am somewhat excited about tomorrow's game only because I have decided to do a little tailgating. This will be my first tailgating experience. I've never gone the whole time I've been in college. It will hopefully be fun. I am praying that the weather stays like it was this afternoon for tomorrow, otherwise I might chicken out and stay somewhere warm. Who knows.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

There is nothing like having fun with kids..nothing like their smiles, their laughter and most of all...their hugs and kisses! :)
They are REAL!