Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 2

Saturday.....

I don't think I can go through this whole day, but I will talk about the main highlights I had on this day....

The girls/guys chastity groups: I don't know why, but I always really enjoy having girl time. We talked a lot about dating... dating in high school.... dating in college... what dating is really for. We talked about how dating is made for finding your potential husband/wife. In high school most of the time when you're in a relationship you go into it knowing that you will not marry that person. I think that dating in high school... seriously dating in high school is not always the best of ideas. I think that people give up so much of themselves emotionally and physically way to early when they date very seriously in high school. I mentioned Jason Everett and how he reminded me that if you're dating someone and you know you're not going to marry them you still have to remember that that other person is most likely going to end up being someone else's husband. I told the girls that it is not right to give up something that should be your future husband's to someone because it just feels right at the time... and so it is important to guard their hearts, and not only their own hearts are they protecting, but they need to help guard the other person's hearts. They both need to work together to make sure that what is rightfully their future spouses is kept for only they're future spouse, if that makes any sense. It made more sense actually talking that through then writing it out.

There was one talk that day, the confession talk, which I wanted to hear so badly, but sadly I was assigned to go to the chapel and pray for the speaker of this particular talk as he was giving it so I ended up not hearing it. At first I was really upset that I was going to miss his talk, and I even told him that I wished I could hear it, but as I was sitting up in that chapel and praying that whatever would come out of his mouth was the right thing to say, I realized that the job I had was more important that listening to his talk. Maybe even moreso sense I was praying to the Holy Spirit to touch him. I really thought more about the power of prayer after I was done praying for him. Throughout the rest of the retreat I heard comments from people saying how great his talk was, and as much as I am sad to miss it, I know that there was a reason I was assigned to pray for that particular talk.

That night was a huge confession night, and I can tell you that there were many hearts changed after that night. It would take a lot more than a blog to even come close to telling the way those two and a half hours went, but it was awesome to watch and participate in....

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You all have no idea...how blessed you are to work and go on these retreats. This whole chastity issue was so needed in my day in the late 60's and 70's! I feel sad for my generation that we didn't have it, but God's mercy is ongoing and that helps. I am so thankful that I have a daughter who is willing to pray for and give up her time to help others see the truth. It is a rather selfish thing to do..to use people for months and years when you may or may not ever marry them. Young people..they don't realize how it is, but I think many can learn and I know that in some ways..some things have changed since my time..more and more young people are seeing and at least opening up about all of this. I wish your brother could see...I wish your sister could see. I am thankful that you at least try to help them to. I have to be very thoughtful at the way I approach them and mostly I've learned that I have little choice but to pray for more than open my mouth anymore. Sigh..makes me sad. I truly hope they wake up or if one of them is with the right person..for their future, that the Good Lord will help things move in the right direction..its gives me such butterflies, if you know what I mean. Anyway, T, thank you.
Love, Mom