Saturday, November 28, 2009

My friends are amazing. I am one very lucky girl! :)

"What is a friend? I will tell you...it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself."
~ Frank Crane

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute they meet you than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."
~ Richard Bach

"A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life."
~ Lee Iacocca


Today was gorgeous here in my home town. The weather was amazing for a late November day... didn't need to wear my winter coat at all. It was wonderful! Tonight was a lot of fun for me as well. I went out ice skating with a large group of friends, one of whom I haven't been able to really talk to and see since the semester started because he's been out of town. It is always nice to talk to this guy. Whenever I am frustrated I really can go to him and know that whatever I say he won't judge and it's a nice place to fall. I have a few friends that are like that for me, and they hold a very special place in my heart. I consider myself very lucky to have more then one, since some people don't have any. I do not know what I would do without them, they are my like my life savers, in a way, for whenever I feel like reality is pulling me in. I feel like I can breath whenever they are near and that I will be ok. Half the time I don't really need to say anything when something is bothering me, they can just look at me and tell something is on my mind. It's a comfort to have that... Maybe I am an open book... I don't really know. I try hard not to whine about my problems all the time, not that I have too many to whine about. Most of the time I try to hide being upset, but these people can tell when I am faking it and try to figure out what is the matter with me, and it's nice.
I guess the older I get (not that I am old... I refuse to consider myself old....) the more I really do appreciate my really good friends. Sometimes it amazes me that God placed them in my life... it makes me wonder if he was thinking about each one of us as he was making us, if that makes any sense. I guess long story short... tonight I was again reminded how lucky I am with the friends I have and to not take them for granted. I hope I never do take them for granted, because you never know... they could be gone in a second. So to those people (I am pretty sure you know who you are) I just want to say thank-you for being there for me whenever I need to talk and praying for me. I appreciate it more then you could ever know. Ya'll are stuck with me for life!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

Teresa!

Hope you had a great weekend. I was out of town on Thursday and Friday in Columbus but wished I could have gone to Nicks or wherever you went. Hope you had a nice time then and ice skating. You had a busy weekend, eh?!

Mike

Teresa said...

lol Mike, I just sent you a message on facebook right before I read this... go figure. I had a very nice week-end. I hope you did too. :)

Teresa