Monday, November 9, 2009

Who Woulda Thought.....

As I have mentioned in previous posts about my Psychology professor, which you can read if you click here, likes to make it known how he dislikes the Catholic Church in general...
Well tonight my teacher apparently had to go out of town so we had a sub come in for him. I have to say I was so happy after class with the things this woman, Mrs. Frost, said. Tonight we covered a lot of the theories of the different stages people mentally and psychologically develop throughout life. When we came to the part about the stages of the the baby in the womb I was somewhat nervous about what this woman would say. Thankfully though, I found out I should not have been worried. While talking about the stages of pregnancy this woman kept emphasizing how life does begin at the moment of conception. I think she repeated that at least five times during class, and each time I could not help but smile at her for it. Not only that, but she also pulled up a number of pictures that showed the way the baby looks inside the womb as it develops, and they were very cool pictures.
There was one part of class where she did show a video that was easily skewed by the pro-abortion agenda. It was an interview about how parents should make sure they know that if they find out their baby may be born with a birth-defect (such as down's syndrome) that terminating the pregnancy is their best option... which obviously to me is so not the right advice... After she showed the video she did tell the class that the tests that are out there to tell whether a fetus may have a birth defect are not always accurate (bingo), and just because the tests may say there is a chance that a birth defect will appear in the child does not mean it will. She went on to say that she happened to know a number of couples that were told to terminate their children because the child would most likely be born with a birth defect. Each of those couples ended up deciding to have their baby and not one of them ended up being born with any sort of defect whatsoever. She told us to really think about what we are doing before deciding on aborting a child because a test and doctor say it's in the best interest... I think after she said that my mouth partially dropped open because I am not used to having a teacher telling the students not to "abort a child."
After class I went up to her and told her thank-you for what she said, and then left class. It was such a nice contrast to my regular Psychology professor who is so obviously anti-Catholic and anti-whatever the Church stands for. It was a breath of fresh air. I was very pleased....

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I loved this..I am very please with this teacher..bless her...yes, may God bless her heart and family!