Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Latin Mass so totally rocks!!!

Tonight I was blessed to have my first ever experience at a Latin Mass. I have never felt more at peace and relaxed and amazed at how much more reverent the whole Mass was. The choir did amazing. After going through it once it is hard for me to understand why so many people were ready to get rid of it... I sat with a group of friends from both St. Charles' and St. Paul's, which in and of itself is somewhat amazing to me. You see there has always been a sense of friction (although that is not really the right word I am looking for, but it will have to do for now) between St. Paul's and the rest of the Catholic churches in my area because they tend to be more liberal at St. Paul's. With all the new things they have been doing at that church this year, that image of being more liberal is starting to lessen a little bit, not too much, but a little, for me. It shows that there are obviously enough conservative people attending that Church to help change it which makes me very happy to see.
Anyway, one of the highlights from tonight other then the Mass (which was my favorite part obviously) was being able to see a dear friend of mine. I haven't seen him for a good three months now. The best part about seeing him was the fact that he never once told me he was coming because he said he wanted to see the shocked look on my face when I recognized him, and boy did he get his wish!
I was talking to my mom and told her how after attending the Latin Mass I would love to see it used more often in all the churches... not that that would happen, but it would be nice to see maybe on Holy Days of Obligation. that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Now I am off to finish up some homework and then head off to bed...

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

I love a good old fashioned Tridentine Mass. Glad you're the same way!

By the way, photos are up at http://sjabloomington.org/allSoulsMass.html

Teresa said...

Mike: Thanks for letting me know about the pictures! :)