Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Kid's Say the Darndest Things" #6

Some more reasons why I love my job. Ha ha!

---------------------------------------
The other day we found an extremely long worm inside the daycare. We never have figured out how this thing got in there. I believe it was like at least six inches long. Anyway one of the kids had an interesting conversation with me over this worm....

Jack S.: Miss Teresa, Miss Ellie found a worm in the kitchen this long ( he used his hands to show me the length of the worm, only it was exaggerated a bit...)
Me: Really, Jack? That long? No way!
Jack S: uh huh, Miss Teresa..... I just don't know how God mace that big worm. Do you know how God made it?
Me: Good question, Jack....I think it must be one of God's secrets. I don't think we'll ever find out about that one, Jack.
Jack S.: Ohhh! Secrets. I like secrets!

-----------------------------------------

As Becky was washing her hands three of the kids were all crowding around her... You see, Becky is very picky about her personal space... it's kind of funny actually, but anyway...

Miss Becky: Ok, I need my space guys. back up. Where is my bubble? I need my bubble!
Callum: Uh, it's gone!
Miss Becky: Yes it is Cal. you are so right. It is gone!

Callum is about three years old. It was kind of cool that he understood the concept of Miss Becky's bubble. I was impressed.

-----------------------------------------

(after one of the kids came back from going potty)
Miss Ellie: So, did you go potty?
Miriam: Yes, I went with the little boy.
(both Ellie and I look at each other with a confused look."
Miss Ellie: You went with a little boy?
Miriam: Yes, with the little boy.
Miss Ellie: Well, which boy did you go potty with, Miriam?
Miriam: The little boy!
Miss Ellie: Can you show me which boy you went potty with?
Miriam: Come on, Miss Ellie.
(Miriam takes Ellie to the bathroom stall and points to a picture hanging on the wall of a little boy."
Miriam: See the little boy?

------------------------------------------

(It was time to change diapers....)
Me: Cal! Come on. I gotta change your diaper now!
Callum: I'm dry Miss Teresa. I don't need to change my diaper!
Me: Well, let me just take you in and check. If you're dry I'll bring you right back outside.
Callum: Alright....
(We go inside and I check his diaper which was soaking wet...)
Me; Cal! You are very very wet boy. You're not dry!
Callum (with a big smile on his face.) I know.
Me:You little stinker!
Callum: But, I'm cute!

------------------------------------------

Callum happened to have a very vivid bad dream today during nap time. I don't always find that situation very funny, but the way Callum acted about it was hilarious.

Callum: I had a bad dream. I had a really bad dream Miss Teresa. (He looked over at Marva who was trying really hard not to laugh...) Miss Marva, I had a bad ghost dream.
Me: You had a bad ghost dream?
Callum: Yes. And the ghost said (his voice in a "scary" tone) "Come with me" and I didn't want to go with him so I, I, I bit the ghost.
Me: You bit the ghost? Good for you, Cal, but where did you bite him?
Callum: I bit him on the finger. I bit him hard!!!
Me: Well now, what did the ghost taste like????
Callum: It tasted like an orange, and I HATE oranges!!!!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh! They are so darned cute! I love these..thanks for the laughs and I love you and Miss Marva and Miss Becky too...what would I do without these funny stories from time to time!

Anglican Mama said...

Awww...how sweet! I also would think a daycare job would be fun. :) I get alot of funny looks for that one.

My name is Jen, I found your blog thanks to some thing we have in common..I'm glad I did! Thank you for sharing this, it was a definite day-brightener.
Happy Thursday!

Teresa said...

Jen: I am glad you stopped by. I hope you liked what you read on here!

Teresa